The Business Development Executive is responsible for growing the portfolio of clients across Radio Results and Red Apple Creative. You’ll source new accounts, nurture key client relationships and grow revenue.
Through contacting a mix of cold and warm leads you will build up your client base and work with internal teams to produce consistently successful campaigns.
You’ll sell a range of our services including:
- Nationwide radio campaigns across all UK radio station groups
- Online audio campaign campaigns across Spotify and other platforms.
- Sponsorship and promotions including digital packages on radio station websites
- Creative audio commercials that are effective and deliver clients results
As part of our team you can expect a challenge and an opportunity. A challenge because there’s pressure to maintain our high standards and expectations. An opportunity because the team is growing so you can make this role your own and put your own stamp on it.We’re not looking for back seat drivers because in our company there’s nowhere to hide, but if you’ve got passion, drive and ambition you’ll love it and excel.
You have at least two years of experience within a media sales role and will have worked with agencies and direct clients. You’re passionate about radio and online audio platforms like Spotify and excited to work in a small, dynamic team who are brilliant at what they do.
You’ll be confident and have an outgoing personality. You are comfortable contacting cold and warm leads on the phone or by email, and equally at home presenting to a team of three or a room of 30 people. Organisation, time management and self motivation are a given.
You are a real people person and clients will love you. You’ll be a social butterfly and happily attend events with clients outside of normal hours as well as industry networking events.
You have experience of working in a creative sales environment as you will be working as part of the business development team to nurture key client relationships and grow revenue. You’ll embrace the business element of the role; hitting targets, spotting new opportunities, growing revenue etc. You have a proven track record of increasing revenue YOY and making a positive difference to the company.
- Developing new client relationships from cold and warm contacts
- Taking briefs effectively from clients to provide tailored solutions for advertising campaigns
- Presenting proposals to clients
- Working alongside the Business Development team, Account Managers and Creative team to deliver exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of plans and proposals
- To talk confidently and knowledgeably about radio and online audio
- Build long term, quality relationships with clients at all levels
- Prioritising and managing workloads to maintain a high level of accurate administration
- Achieve revenue targets by promoting radio and online audio advertising to new clients and delivering year on year growth
- To produce monthly business plans with 3 month forecasts to maximise client opportunities
- Developing effective working relationships with the rest of the team and other internal departments to ensure clear and consistent communication.
- Keeping internal CRM systems up to date
- Confident, outgoing personality
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and a multi tasker
- Great communication skills
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- A positive mental attitude. We are a close team that works hard and plays hard together
- Ambition to take our growing company to the next level
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a media sales role
- A good understanding of radio and the wider media media marketplace
- A proven track record in hitting revenue targets
- Confident at presenting
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary (based on experience) and commission structure
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Creative working environment overflowing with talent
Relaxed office with flexible and remote working options
Bupa Medical Care
Cycle to work scheme
Please email [email protected] with the subject header “Business Development Executive” before 17/11/16. Tell us why you’d like to join us and how you’d add brilliance to our team.